Monday, April 30

Miss Matilda's Boutique, Preston


Through a project at uni I had to discover small businesses in the area of Preston for various advertising purposes. Just off the main shopping strip in Preston down a cobbled side street, I found a lovely little boutique named Miss Matilda's which is an independent shop that sells ladies clothes, shoes, accessories and gifts. I can honestly say it is one of the nicest boutiques Ive ever been in. Personally I have never been a big girly girl but I am now converted! Every item at Miss Matilda's screams femininity and style and I love it! The whole atmosphere was completely different to the average high street store with lower lighting by the way of fairy lights and quirky lamps makes you feel like a kid in a candy shop. 



The boutique sells various of unique brands such as Numph, Eucalyptus, Friday On My Mind, Fever, Ruby Rocks and the wonderful Melissa shoes. Miss Matilda's certainly does these brands justice, every item is displayed beautifully and everything has its own place, no over crowding or scrabbling to find what you want in this boutique! Every small detail in the shop from the placement of products to the decoration of the displays has its own personally touch made by the lovely owner Emma. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to work with Emma as apart of an up an coming student fashion magazine as I loved collaborating with her and hope to work with her again in the future.



Apart of my advertising project Emma allowed me to design and create a new advert for her boutique which will be published in UCLANS new student fashion magazine. I tried to reflect the existing style of Miss Matilda's Boutique so I could show how well worth a trip to Preston's Winckley Street would be.

(My advert for Miss Matilda's Boutique)

I would recommended to anyone, weather interested in fashion or not, to take the time to visit Miss Matilda's Boutique. Even if your not looking for clothes the shop offers beautiful jewellery as well as an array of gift ideas. If you can't make it to the store look online at www.missmatildasboutique.co.uk.



 Jodie x