Monday, September 10

Smokey Eye Make-Up Tutorial

I've had a lot of feedback regarding the various make-up posts I have done in the past and a lot of people of told me that they find it hard to apply make-up step by step.

So I did a step by step tutorial on how I apply my smokey eye make-up!

Step 1 - Apply a highlighter eye shadow to the entire lid (preferably white) concentrating on the inside of the eye near the bridge of the nose. This will highlight and open up the eye.



Step 2 - Whatever colour blends you are using you always layer up from light to dark! So I started off with the white shimmer base, then I lightly applied a metallic grey to the crease in the eyelid. Make sure the darker is not to harsh as its all about the layers and it will get darker with each layer!



Step 3 - Next apply the next tone of colour to the crease of the eyelid and the lower lid working from the outside inwards. Always blend!



Step 4 - The last step with the eye shadow is applying the darkest shade to the crease of the lid. It adds dramatic effect to the eye. Don't overdo the amount of eye shadow you apply to your brush as you can get a bit drag queenish :/


Step 5 - Next I apply my Maybelline Gel Black Eyeliner to the top eye lid and always make sure I do the inner top lid as it completes the look.


Step 6 - Continue the Gel Eyeliner on the the lower lid. I also add a little flick of eyeliner to join the top and lower lids together but this is just personal preference.



Step 7 - Then mascara! Apply to both bottom and top eyelashes! Making sure you catch all the lashes it opens the eye more and makes the eye appear bigger!


ALL DONE!



Jodie x