Sunday, February 3

Fashion Do's and Don'ts

I thought I would write a post on Fashion Do's an Don'ts as I feel a lot of women sometimes make bad fashion choices. I don't pretend to be an expert in the field but I also know a lot about dressing for your shape as I have struggled for years to dress my body. Over the years I have started to understand my body better and which clothes look better on my shape :) These tips are just my opinions and I do understand people have their own style. So here are my Fashion Do's and Don'ts.

Fashion Do's:



  • Always dress for your shape and size, clothes that fit properly always look better!
  • Emphasise your best assets, if you have a good cleavage for example show it off with lower necklines, this will draw the eye away from your less favourite parts. 
  • Accessorise plainer clothes with prints, its a great way to make your outfits more exciting. I have to wear all black at work so I always accessorise with animal or floral printed scarves.
  • Wear colours that suit your skin tone and hair colour, pale skin tones suit warmer colours and vise versa. 
  • Always feel confident in what you are wearing, so always by clothes that make you feel good. Wear the clothes, don't let the clothes wear you!
  • Always give different things a try! You don't know if it will suit you until you try it on. I recently bought a very fitted pencil dress that I was convinced wouldn't look good on me and to my surprise it was very flattering! 
  • Always wear the right underwear for whatever your wearing, such as the right colour and shape.

Fashion Don'ts


  • Never wear clothing that is too small for you, especially jeans, women desperately want to fit into a smaller size but in reality if you buy items slightly bigger they will be more flattering. 
  • Don't over accessorise. To much jewellery can take the focus from an outfit especially if its over-sized costume jewellery.
  • Never wear to many block colours, stick to 2 or 3 colours through your outfit. Too many colours will make your outfit very busy!
  • If you are wearing sheer black leggings always make sure your bum is covered by either a long top or dress. No one wants to see your underwear.
  • Never wear all one colour if your wearing more then one item of clothing. Either throw in a different coloured jacket for example or accessorise with exciting colours or prints. 
  • Never purchase anything that just isn't your style. For example I really like brogues but they just are not my style. Not everyone suits every trend. 

What are your fashion do's and don'ts? Comment and let me know! :)


Jodie x