Friday, August 16

Alive: In The Face of Death by Rankin

I know this post is long overdue and my blog hasn't seen much action recently but I am trying to get back into the swing of blogging. Seen as I haven't posted for a while this is my first post out of a selection let will tell you all what I have been up to in my absence. For a summer university project I was asked to visit an exhibition of my own choice to gain inspiration for a brief. I found a new exhibition on at the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool which showcased the works from the famous photographer Rankin. Alive: In the face of death was a collection of photographs of people who have been either terminally ill, survived a near death experience or who work in the death industry. Rankin really gets the viewer thinking about their own life experiences and feelings about death.

My favourite images from the exhibition were actually Rankin's own self portraits, which upon he wears different masks to reflect his own take on the subject. The Walker Art Gallery not only houses this exhibition but many more works of art which you will be able to see in my next post. Here are some of my favourite images from the exhibition.



 
 

  





Jodie x